COVID-19 Will Impact Business Functions.
The outbreak of the Coronavirus is developing into a serious issue. The authorities are advising us to plan for the worst and hope for the best.
The CDC offer daily updates here https://www.cdc.gov/media/index.html.
All business and organization may have to implement a plan, if ordered or voluntary, to quarantine their employees to their homes.
How we can help!
Customers of HostMyCalls hosted business services can take actions to mitigate disruption of the business functions by having healthy employee become Remote Users. Here are some steps they could take to maintain productivity during this crisis.
One action could be to have Customer users take their desk phones home and connect them to their Internet access.
Steps could be as simple as:
- Unplug the phone’s Ethernet cable from the wall
- If supplied, unplug the phone’s power supply module from the wall outlet
- Take it home and plug the Ethernet cable into an available port on their router/switch
- Plug the power supply module up
- Check the phone to see if it registers to the HostMyCalls service
- Test the phone for both incoming and outgoing calls
This action may help many Customers allow employees to work from home and have seamless communications of their HostMyCalls service. There will be issues, such as needing a power supply for the phones that are PoE. The Customer can contact HostMyCalls to get power supplies.
Other solutions are available, and we stand ready to assist.
We have a document that offer other options to support Customer’s Remote Users. Click this link to access the brochure.